Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What I like- and what I don't


Well hello thar everyone,

I decided that I would share both a website that I hate and one that I appreciate a lot more.

Let's start with the one that's gotta go:




I know I know, it's the roaring and timeless Lamborghini- which is exactly why I wish their home page wasn't so humdrum. Fire engine red Murcielago anyone? Please, don't be under the impression that it stops there, things get better. You have to click through two almost three subheadings sometimes before you even get to their video/photo content. The website is just downright counter-intuitive and annoying. I actually don't mind the monochromatic I'mreallyclassy look, but it's just completely snooty to ignore the value of putting an image right next to the specs and other information. I was really baffled by how much clicking you have to do before you can be visually stimulated- especially for a brand that's known for good looks.


On to what's a whole lot better:

Bentley. Ah yes.


You mean I get pictures as soon as I'm on the website?! They shouldn't have!

But honestly, from the time you hit the website you are reminded of why everyone who has a Bentley is so awesome, and why you're not. As with any website, I really want a visual to draw me in, and Bentley takes care of that straightaway. Also, the image seen in the snapshot above is actually a clip from a video showing the unveiling of their latest beauty, so you immediately have video content as well. I really am a person of simplicity when it comes to navigating websites, so it was oh-so-refreshing to have only four tabs and then drop-downs with the appropriate information. In fact, in spite of all the wonderful images and video, the best part of this website is it's functionality.


-Destinee








No comments:

Post a Comment