Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Worst/Best Baking Blog Web Design

I'm a sucker for food blogs, especially baking ones. I already had a favorite blog in mind (because I go to it often for baking inspiration), but had to scrolled through a list of the Top 50 baking blogs to find a poorly designed one.




I considered Baker's Hours to have the most confusing and poorly designed website. Had it not been for the name, I wouldn't have been able to figure out what was going on there. The sidebars were next to the text which were next to advertisement which just made my head spin. When I scrolled down, I noticed that there weren't any text breakers. All the entries were just jumbled together. I also disliked the banner because the orange colored links were almost impossible to see.

On a brighter note, here is my absolute favorite baking website:

I love the design of Bakerella. The banner is cute, the columns and boxes are nicely spaced out, and the pictures are amazing quality. I love the rounded corners of some of the photos and boxes as well as the pink theme; it made the site look cohesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment